Friday, July 16, 2021

Write and Walk Away, Then Return

I am not an expert. I am not calling myself a writer, although I do write. I have written many stories, most short, and many I did a while a go and put away. Never deleted, just tucked away and archived. 

Now as I am reinvigorated to drive toward a finished product I am pulling out these old writings. What an experience this is. Stories I have forgotten about, stories that were half-written but sketched out, and now looking back at some of these I am amazed what I did. Much like going back and looking at programming code and apps that I wrote in the past, you can be just amazed looking at old creative works and think 'Did I do that?'

That's the beauty of writing when you don't do it regularly... and take a year or four off from it. You get to go back and pull out the works you did do and be amazed of what you are capable of. 

Next time I'll just wait a day or two in between revisions. Saves time that way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment