Monday, November 5, 2012

Writing progress

I have fallen into a slump. A pit is more accurate. My writing and my focus on it has slid again. My interest is still there, I have significantly increased my casual reading and studying but sitting down and putting words on paper has waned.

This is the challenge when trying to balance a job, family, young children, and keeping up with casual activities to keep my mind sane. Things get re-prioritized and shifted away. Writing has had that happen to it. I am not sure if it's intentional or not, but that has what's happened.

If I ever crossed a genie my first wish would be to never have the biological need to sleep again. 24 hours a day to be able to work, play, and grow. Sleep gets in the way.

I am picking away at my Perspectives series. I think now that I am looking at it I will limit the project to 400 pages. Since it's made up of several sub-stories its not that unobtainable. Keeping the connections between the stories to accomplish my design of what Perspectives is however very difficult.

I will keep more diligent discipline to my scheduling. I will be more detailed on my scheduling and what my goals are for each session. Create writing goals. Write more leisure, one page sessions of complete random thoughts, maybe try picking a random sentence out of the newspaper and writing a few hundred word short story around that sentence. Anything.

Progress is still being made just not as much as I'd like. Which is 100% my fault.

Time to turn the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment