Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year Bring New Writing Focus

So I completed the NaNoWriMo challenge and I have 50,000 words toward a novel completed and sitting in draft mode. My intention was to pick it up but life stepped in once again. My second child arrived in Mid-December and that put everything on the back burner.

The routines are settling in, the holidays are over, the New Year has arrived and in 2014 I am moving forward with my writing. I am going to be integrating my writing during the day, I have to. With a 5 year old and 3 week old in the house, wanted to sleep at some point, writing when I used to later at night isn't a good option. Instead I will write over my lunch hour at work. I'll find a dark conference room and tuck myself away and write in silence.

Using the gift cards I received as gifts I picked up a pretty good book, so far, called Writer with a Day Job. It is more about creating a writing schedule and routine around other busy aspects of ones life whether it's a job, family or other responsibilities. Consistency, consistency, and writing always.

The NaNoWriMo showed me that I can do and I love it. Like everyone else I need to find time to do it because writing isn't going to replace my day job any time soon. Odds are it never will, but that's an assumption I hope I get wrong. But I will never get close to that until I write more often than I do now.

Time to turn the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment