Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Writing While Living, Blog Break Time

Who am I kidding? I am having a hard enough time trying to get 500 or 1,000 words a day written that doesn't include this blog. With a full job, family, extracurricular activities, exercise, staying active, and other unexpected challenges of life something has to give.

This blog will pause for a while until I reclaim my writing habits. My ope was to make significant progress on my main Perspectives project but I just haven't had the passion to get into it. I allowed emotion to get into the writing process and fell into the abyss of failure. That's what happens. Stephen King said that you need to write always, your mood or emotion is irrelevant. (or something to that).

Instead of writing posts here for the sake of writing posts I am going to step back and see how other successful do-it-yourself writers are doing it. Maybe this will be less about 'posts' and more journal or diary based.

If I am blogging more than I am writing creatively then I am missing the point. Sure I could write 500 words in a blog everyday, that's easy but that is not going to help the creative style and practice to put a well constructed story together.

I will be back, few weeks, not months.

End of Line.

No comments:

Post a Comment