Friday, May 11, 2012

What I Wrote This Week - 5/11/12

This week was an eye opener to the efforts needed to remain committed. But I did it, I stuck to my requirement and wrote everyday. In honesty I did not write as much creative fiction as I wanted to and did more blogging, either way I was writing. A funny thing happened that I noticed too, I was thinking about writing more. How I could re-tool my stories, plot points, how it was going to end. I actually look forward to getting it out. How cool is that?

Also I have begun to read more. Not just reading more in terms on quantity but reading things differently, with a writer's eye, enjoying the stories but also learning as well. This will be a slow process to train myself on how to be a writer, but the more I do it the more I enjoy it.

I hope to complete my first 'real' story this weekend, it will probably top out at 5,000 words before I go back through it with the re-writes. I already know parts to fix but have held back as most writers say to never do re-writes until the work is completed. So I will try that approach especially since it's a short story and should not be that big of a deal. Novels might be a different story... no pun intended. We'll see which works best.

Time to turn the page...

No comments:

Post a Comment