Sunday, November 3, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day 3

Day three of my work toward the National Novel Writing Month and I am cruising along. I think I beginning to breakthrough my barriers, letting the words flow without hesitation and its working.

Today, in between life, I got in approximately 1,500 words and those were the most effortless 1,500 I have ever written. The ideas were formed, dreamt about, visualized throughout the day and I just put it on paper. Draft form of course but the meat is there.

I am going to start posting my NaNoWriMo stats throughout this processes. Being an IT guy I am also a data nerd. Stats, charts, colors, graphs, trends, it all is cool.

So far my work has been, aside from the first day, 1 hour chunks and I get about 1,500 words in... if I know exactly what I am going to write. So in order for me to keep this going I need to finish my outlines and find more, larger chunks of time to get it all down.

For the first time I am beginning to feel like a real writer. If my novel sucks at the end is really subjective to the reader and I won't care. I will be able to say here it is, my novel. What did you do last month?

Time to turn the page.

Your Average Per Day
2,143 
Words Written Today
1,454 
Target Word Count
50,000
Target Average Words Per Day
1,667
Total Words Written
6,431 
Words Remaining
43,569
Current Day
Days Remaining
28
At This Rate You Will Finish On
November 24, 2013
Words Per Day To Finish On Time
1,557


No comments:

Post a Comment