Tuesday, November 5, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day 5 - 1/5 completed

Today was a great writing day. I got two sessions in and cranked out 2,483 words. In addition I finished a chapter/section that came to about 6,500 words. I am pleased.

That puts me now over 10,000 words which by my calculations gets me to 1/5 of the way. My approach to heavy sketching and planning is making this goal seem very feasible and well within reach. I do fear a block coming soon as I don't have enough planned out for the rest to get me there but that means I just have to get in more imagination time and work on that.

If you haven't guessed I don't write without a rough outline or plan. I could free flow it, most of my blog posts like this one are purely based off a title and away I go. With a story I don't think that way in the creative space, yet. Practice and write and I will train my brain to.

I am having a blast and can't wait to see what I end up with at the end and when I get to the end. The way to the end is to get more, marathon session of 2-3,000 words instead of trying everyday to hit the average. This is just a draft and I can already tell that it will expand and get better but I am holding back really, really hard to not review and edit. New content only. Editing is for later.

50,000 will become 75,000 no problem later on. Until then get the meat.


Your Average Per Day
2,120 
Words Written Today
2,483 
Target Word Count
50,000
Target Average Words Per Day
1,667
Total Words Written
10,603 
Words Remaining
39,397
Current Day
Days Remaining
26
At This Rate You Will Finish On
November 24, 2013
Words Per Day To Finish On Time
1,516

Time to turn the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment