Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day 6

Today was a low day from word productivity but still very beneficial from a progress view point. 661 words done today in the quick 45 minutes I had to myself but I still wrote and still made progress. I had thought I was going to be able to break away from my office during lunch, sneak into a conference room and have lunch while I cranked out some words but it didn't turn out that way.

I still made the best of it. Instead I sketched up the overall layout of my novel and how the parts fit together. I now have a clearer picture and an evolving form of what I am creating. Remember, I am not writing a conventional novel. Think if it more like a Tarantino edited movie with interrelated, yet disconnected scenes all coming together around a common premise. That's perspectives and today I think I figured out how it will all fit together.

The 661 words I got down today was the start of the core premise. The meat of the novel where all the other perspectives wrap around. The real development and challenge begins.

I am not going to fight anymore just to hit 1500 words, I will make up for it on Friday when I have the afternoon off and the house to myself for at least 5 hours. Life happened today, late work day, kid's swimming lessons, kids to bed... that's the real challenge.


Your Average Per Day
1,877 
Words Written Today
661 
Target Word Count
50,000
Target Average Words Per Day
1,667
Total Words Written
11,264 
Words Remaining
38,736
Current Day
Days Remaining
25
At This Rate You Will Finish On
November 27, 2013
Words Per Day To Finish On Time
1,550

Time to turn the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment