Saturday, November 9, 2013

NaNoWriMo - Day 9

Today was NaNoWriMo marathon day. That I didn't participate in. The weekends are actually the least productive days I have when it comes to side efforts. The days are usually filled with chores, family events, cleaning the house. With a 5 year old and an 8 month pregnant wife, a few more things are on my plate to get done.

I have kept the pace, 9 days in a row and got 1,616 words in today. Those words are some of the best I have written in a while. I took some time this morning and instead of writing I did some studying on the craft of writing. I have a library or writing resources and today I read up on novels and structure of novels. I only consumed 3 or 4 chapters, I got a few good tips to fine my craft of the writing process when it comes to drafts. Basically it was what Hemingway said, first drafts are shit. He was right.

Write alternatives, ideas, don't write in order and whatever you do do NOT go back and re-write what you wrote during your draft. Let it flow, free your mind, break out and run wild. That was my biggest challenge in all of my writing  works. Now, though NaNoWriMo challenge, I have done it. I am writing 50,000 words in 30 days. I don't have time to re-write.









Your Average Per Day
1,769 
Words Written Today
1,616 
Target Word Count
50,000
Target Average Words Per Day
1,667
Total Words Written
15,925 
Words Remaining
34,075
Current Day
Days Remaining
22
At This Rate You Will Finish On
November 29, 2013
Words Per Day To Finish On Time
1,549

Time to turn the page.



No comments:

Post a Comment