Monday, November 25, 2013

NaNoWriMo Days 22 - 25

Stumbling
It's beyond crunch time now. This challenge is everything that it says it is especially for someone that is not a full time writer, studying to be a writer or anyone else that has never wrote anything this size before.

My wife and I , Mrs. Geek, are expecting child number two very soon. To avoid details lets say the doctor had her get off her feet for a while. On top of that my son came home from school Thursday with a cough, fever, and all that jazz. So instead of shooting for 10,000 words, making the run to the end, I was taking care of them and the house as well as everything else getting ready for a little.

I am just over 12,000 words to the end, throw Thanksgiving into the mix this week and I have no choice but to write all the time this week. 2,000 words a day for the next 6 days. That won't happen, especially on Thanksgiving Day. I have been watching the time and my pace when I get into a groove and I can write about 1,000 words an hour, as long as the idea and scene are developed in my head. So it's only 6 to 7 hours left.

I am too close now to say I was close enough. No way. 50,000 or FAIL.






Your Average Per Day
1,519 
Words Written Today
2,796 
Target Word Count
50,000
Target Average Words Per Day
1,667
Total Words Written
37,982 
Words Remaining
12,018
Current Day
25 
Days Remaining
6
At This Rate You Will Finish On
December 3, 2013
Words Per Day To Finish On Time
2,003

Time to turn the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment