Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Where To Share

People write for many different reasons. Some write for themselves, never intending their works to be seen by anyone else for one reason or another. Most writers write to share, to have others read and enter their worlds they created and go along with the characters on their journeys. I am the latter.

The trick I have found is where to share your works. Obviously it is rare of anyone to get 'published' out of the gate. What is published mean anyway? A physical book printed? An ebook available for download? Anyone can do that but it doesn't mean it's going to be read or even found on its own. 

Then you have copyrights, first published problems, ownership over your work, etc, etc... I have searched high and low on where to start. I could just post them to this blog but it's too risky for many reasons right now. I want to have something more controlled and meant for writers to share their works. 

Many years ago I did put some of my stories on several sites, some no longer exist, but I kept reverting back to one site time and time again. I also checked on reviews, what other authors were doing and how reputable the site was and the same one was always at the top of the list. Over the years this site has grown and matured into a platform and I have decided to embrace it. 

The site I am referring to is Wattpad.com

Wattpad is designed for completed works but also for works in progress. There is a strong social and feedback process designed into it that allows readers to comment and make suggestions on your work. It's a good site to cultivate readers into followers and into much more if your work deserves it. 

In the coming weeks I will start to put my 'Bucket of Tales' stories out on Wattpad for consumption. My goal is to focus and release a story a week. If I stick to that schedule I have over 4 months of stories coming. It's time to get them out there, get them read, hear feedback on my first public push of my work and go from there. 

Exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment