Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Blogging About Story Ideas

As a budding and wanna be writer having this blog about writing. I blog about writing and write about blogging. When you start to cross over and want to get personal with writing about your writing you start to cross into the area of idea sharing without a product. Let me explain what I am trying to say.

I have a journal, several now, full of scribbles, thoughts, story ideas, plot lines, characters and scenery. My over analytical mind I try too hard to build the world first in a sketch mode then write around that instead of building the world with my words... any tips to help me break this cycle please let me know.

Anyway, I want to start writing about these ideas but as a business man I feel I could potentially be giving away ideas without a story behind it for others to take. Do I or don't I? That's the struggle.

For example let's take my Perspectives project idea. I want to get communal conversation around it, heck even having multiple writers working on it would be awesome and true to the Perspectives concept... side note - that's a GREAT idea actually... hmmm, let me chew on that one.

Anyway, if I detail out too much I fear someone else will take it make it their own, claim it as their idea and take it. Although all the blog posts and paper trails will protect me in a lawsuit, which I would fully pursue, but either way do you get where I am coming from?

How do you get your creative juices flowing on an idea before you start writing about it? What if it's so far off and stupid why waste the time on that one where it could be spent elsewhere?

Let's get some feedback... comment away!

Time to turn the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment