Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo Begins

Ok, NaNoWriMo kicked off today and I jumped right in. Coincidently I had a 1/2 day off from work so aside from a quick vet appointment for the dog, I spent the afternoon writing. How did I do? Well, day 1 I got 4,187 words done.

Screamed right along and I am ready for more. It helped a great deal that I had sketched up this before hand but I am not as planned for later chapters so I will need to work on that. The draft is messy, full of holes, and I can already tell needs a lot of improvements in some areas but I am pleased I cranked it out.

4,187 out of 50,000 words and you can follow my progress here.

In total I wrote for almost 3 hours total today which is more than I usually will have time for, unless I burn the midnight oil which isn't out of the question. If I can catch up with DVR episodes that eat up 2-3 hours, I can use that writing and actually be productive outside of the career work.

With the weekend coming up I hope to get another 2,000 to 4,000 words written tomorrow and Sunday. The challenge is not getting the words written is getting the rest of my stories planned out to get enough content to write about. Perspectives is not your ordinary novel nor is it a collection of short stories/novellas it's a unique mix of both. An intertwined universe around a central theme, all connected yet separate.

You will always find time if it's important to you.

Time to turn the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment